Thursday, February 4, 2016

February Meeting at Connie Mays



Hi Everyone!

Saturday is so close and I am ready!

We will be talking about granulation and having a demonstration of the beginning process. It is a 2 part demo with the 2nd part during the April meeting at the jewelry lab here in Manteo. Here in my studio we will form the beads that will fuse onto the backing. From what I have learned we need to do this whole process in fine silver. I would love to try it in copper and will be prepared for copper and fine silver. We will fuse tiny beads of metal to like metal: no solder involved with a flawless seam. 

I will have fine silver ready to make the beads. (We use cloisonné wire for this)
Please think about bringing your own copper to Experiment.
I have a roll mill to turn copper wire into sheet if needed.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about this meeting. We are taking our first silver scrap collection for the Tool Box Initiative as well as learning how to create granulation. Always lots of laughter and sharing, it refreshes the creative soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great meeting at Connie's home and studio. Meeting her Mom was a blast. We are taking on granulation!

    ReplyDelete